Friday 18 May 2007

More Bad Shots

As a beginner, you may be confused by some of the technical terms associated with bad shots. I mean, is a pull the same as a hook, and when does a fade become a slice?
Rather than sort these out I think I can do no better than to point you to some more memorable alternatives. The first of these I heard was last year when I made a very tired drive off the eighteenth after a long round on a hilly local course. I failed to get the ball off the ground but was happy to see it scuttle up the slope from where I had a reasonable line to the green. The guy coming off the seventeenth green behind us admired my shot and said ‘Nice Sally Gunnel there.’ I was too tired to work it out. ‘Sally Gunnel,’ he said, ‘Ugly but a good runner.’ It made me laugh, and you can find more in this vein on the Principal's Nose, some in dubious taste, but all the better for that.

No comments:


Blog Archive