Saturday 14 July 2007

Scottish Open: Water, water everywhere ...

Oh yes, oh yes! There was always going to be someone who decided to play golf in Loch Lomond rather than at Loch Lomond, but two of them - and at once! Despite having nothing against either Westwood (top of the leader board at the time) or Thomas Bjorn, it definitely made my day to get in from a mediocre round (fifteen holes actually, thanks to a traffic jam on my way to the course) and see the two of them rolling up their trousers and paddling in a manner to more than rival our old and much-derided friend Jean Van der Veld.
Boys, boys, what were you thinking of? Presumably a place in the history books more than a sensible score, since Thomas whipped his water ball across the green and Lee splashed onto the bank, but only just. Neither made par, though Peter Aliss and the rest of us enjoyed it no end and you can already view the entire episode courtesy of the Beeb.
I'll leave you with a quote that may never before have been used in the context of tour golf:
'I grow old ...I grow old
I shall wear the bottom of my trousers rolled.'

(T.S. Eliot, just in case you didn't know).
Happy viewing.

No comments:


Blog Archive