Sunday 4 November 2007

Fashion Round-up

Since it's source of constant frustration that golf clothing for women is usually expensive and rarely stylish, I rushed off to check out Death to Argyle (catchy brand name!) as recommended recently by Golf Girl, but my excitement was short-lived, as the range is limited and I don't know that I want my polos with playing cards on (Queen of Clubs, get it?)
Our local golf range shop stocks a good selection, but prices for basic items like polo shirts strike me as over the top and I usually confine myself to the sale rail or head for a chain store. But even if we've been playing in glorious sunshine this week, winter is on its way and so is Christmas, so for all golfing girlies or even men-folk with golfers to buy for, here are my recommendations!
On the high street I find the best bet is Debenhams Maine collection. Although not strictly golf wear, there's a good range of sporty tops and trousers that are smarter than keep-fit or 'slouching' clothes. Right now there are long sleeved tops suitable for autumn or spring, not bad for £16, and I've also found some stretch trousers for £25 that feel smart enough to wear off the course and fit really well. Here are the pics, or of course you can see for yourself at Debenhams.


If you want something more obviously lady golfer, JRB and Daily Sports have good ranges that cost less than some of the more traditional golf 'fashion houses'. Both are stocked by Sport a la Mode where there's a good selection of brands, though some of the knitwear comes with the usual taste warning. Do I like these 'half-zip tops', or are they in the Death to Argyle category? Think the jury's still out!


Another name I didn't know is Moose clothing. Ladygolfer has several items on sale at the moment, though they are mostly summer range. I particularly like this one for £10, though I'm a bit worried about the headless woman!


Well, that completes my pre-Christmas round-up of golfing wear that doesn't make me cringe. Please let me know if you have other suggestions.

No comments:


Blog Archive