Friday 14 September 2007

Solheim Cup

I'm getting to like the Golf for Women blog. They have someone at the Solheim cup giving us detailed low-down on the teams and the course set-up without skimping on the girly gossip like Annika Sorenstam's engagement ring. The beauty editor also tells us the best coloured nail polish to wear this season - or do I sense some not very covert advertsing there? Personally I've never had nail polish that stays on for more than a round, but then I confess to not very often having nail polish on at all, clearly something I'll have to consider if ever turning Pro (!)
As regards the competition itself, Laura Davies is described as 'den mother.' Without being quite sure what that means, I have a feeling it's about right for our grande dame who is said to be encouraging the cubs in the pack while indulging in a bit of back-biting at the other team. (Well, hey, this is a competition after all!)
More info on the Solheim here and also an interview with Laura by Lewine Mair in the Telegraph. Let's hope the weather is less dire than expected and that Laura's play matches her confidence.

No comments:


Blog Archive